Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Really Good Day

Today was a very good day. First thing in the morning, as I settled on the couch to nurse Goomba and watch Ponies with Squiget, Uncle T walked in! Squiget freaked out. She loves the guy. And he stayed the whole day. Mommy's busy with Goomba? No probs, Squiget will just play with her Uncle T. Big girl needs help changing, going potty, getting a toy, getting a snack, finding that specific episode of Ponies to watch? Guess what? Uncle T is here and he will take care of it!

I love visitors. Seriously. Poor Squiget has not been getting enough attention and it's really starting to show. It's tearing me apart inside. Even with help today, I still had to swallow a lump in my throat when I watched her bashing her toys together and shouting "Shut up! Cause I SAID SO!!" She's really got some issues - but short of ignoring the baby and devoting most of my time to her again, I'm really not sure what to do.

While Goomba was napping I decided some Mommy-Squiget time might help, so we went to the grocery store to buy supplies for lunch. Maybe it's part of being nearly two and a half, but she gets distracted really easy now. I had to physically touch her back or arm to get her back to reality every couple minutes in the store. If spending time just us helped I couldn't really tell...

Anyway, after Husband came home from work we packed up both kidlets and went out for Sushi with both girls. My first restaurant experience with Goomba was a bust - she slept the ENTIRE time. Amazing. Squiget  NEVER slept like that. It's really starting to weird me out...

No comments:

Post a Comment